Wednesday, September 13, 2006

When do I pray?

I am, by nature, a multitasker. And when embarking on this journey, I realized that I'm going to need time to pray. So I decided to set a time. Sort of like when you're fasting and the hunger pangs are a reminder to pray, well, for me, my enemy prayer time is when I'm on the toilet.

Seriously.

I mean, what else is there to do while you're doing your business? It's always driven me nuts that there simply isn't an activity to do while on the toilet. What a waste of my time. I know some people read, but then I get engrossed in what I'm reading, and before I know it, I've spent way more time on the toilet than I intended.

So today, as I sat on the toilet, pondering what I could do during this colossal waste of my time, I decided to make getting rid of my body's waste a time to pray for the waste of humanity: our enemies.

Yeah, I know. God is either up there rolling with laughter, or trying to figure out a way to school me on proper prayer etiquette. Until then, I'm going to use my toilet time efficiently.

More folks to add to the list:
The evil dead stepfather who is still haunting people from the grave
The person whose thoughtless words hurt me today
The soon to be ex-wife of a friend
The idiots on this one loop that I want to kill

Peace be the journey people!

3 Comments:

Blogger Camy Tang said...

This isn't really for me, this is because I'm having a hard time dealing with an injustice done to my friend's husband. Two government lawyers persecuted my friend's husband for a crime he didn't commit, having their witnesses lie on the stand, and letting one of the real criminals get by with a misdemeanor. These men knew my friend's husband was innocent, but they persecuted him anyway for a 100% conviction rate, which will probably get them promotions.

The trial really shook my faith in God for a while. I'm still having a hard time with it, and I'm dealing with anger at these men when I'm not even the one who was hurt. So please put them on your wall because they need prayer and I need prayer and my friend and her husband need prayer, too.

Camy

12:48 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

First of all, hehehe, you aren't the only one who prays while on the potty. I do it to. Have for a long while. LOL

Secondly, I have lot of resentment in my heart towards a couple of people at work. They haven't actually done anything nasty to me personally or to anyone else that I know of, but they are the company favorites and don't have any qualms about hamming it up and shoving it down everyone else's throats. Getting the jobs/promotions that others who work harder and more dilligently deserve more and then prancing around like they are the cat's meaow. In turn, I've been saying and feeling mean things about them when what I really need to be doing is praying for them to accept their favored status more gracefully and to pray for the leaders who purpetuate the favortism. So that's my prayer. To help me accept these people, these people to accept their status more graciously, and the PTB to open their eyes and see how unfare it is to play favorites in the workplace.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Danica Favorite said...

There ya go!

Camy, praying for the situation. How heartbreaking to know that justice is not really just.

Jana, definitely praying for those folks.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home