Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not there yet

One of the comments I've received about this project is that it's a great idea, but they're not "there yet" in terms of being willing to pray for their enemies.

It's interesting, because I'm not completely "there" either. But there's a danger in waiting until you're "there". You may never get "there" without taking the steps to do so. I thought of this the other day when I was talking to my friend Lucy. Okay, *I* didn't think of it. Lucy did.

We were talking about a book that I'm writing, that I've been trying to write, but keep tabling because I'm not "there" yet in terms of having the right heart towards God, my readers, and in writing the book. One of the things Lucy pointed out was that perhaps the process of writing the book would be the thing that changed my heart. Not sitting around waiting for it to change, but to go ahead and work through the process.

I started this journey of prayer, not because I'm "there" yet, but because I want to be. The only way to get from here to there is to take a step. If you're not "there", that's okay. It's a process, and you have to start somewhere. So jump in and pray, even if it's "God, I am so not ready for this, but I trust you to lead me in the right direction."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home