Monday, January 22, 2007

Long overdue

I'm sorry about the lack of posts on this blog. I haven't had much to say in this department, though. I haven't been able to think of anything to really inspire in regards to enemies.

However, tonight, I realized some things about enemies that really hit hard. What happens when the enemy is inside?

I have a friend going through a really rough divorce. And while he could have had a much easier time, he ended up ruining it for himself. As he told me the latest installment tonight, my heart broke. I realized that he now stands absolutely no chance of winning, and will most likely lose his son. Not because he is a bad person, or a bad parent, but because he's his own worst enemy. He has a good heart, but unfortunately, he lets his emotions take over and rational thought leaves his brain. Granted, he isn't some sort of homicidal maniac or anything like that, but he ends up saying and doing some pretty dumb things.

I am hurting so bad for him, because he's destroying his life, though he thinks he's saving it.

When we pray for our enemies, we must also be mindful to pray for ourselves. To pray that God would save us from those self destructive aspects of our personalities that would make a bad situation worse. We think we're helping or doing the right thing, but what we really need is the wisdom to do what is really right, even if it's hard.

2 Comments:

Blogger Camy Tang said...

Good point. It's sad when I see friends who do self-destructive things or just basically foul up their own lives with bad choices.
camy

12:30 AM  
Blogger Danica Favorite said...

Yeah, my heart truly breaks when I realize that the bad things in people's lives are their own fault.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home