Sunday, February 18, 2007

Famous Enemies

I don't think I have to mention any names-there's two women plastered across the media right now. One, for her very sad passing, another for being out of control. Everyone wants a piece of these women-their stories, their sad lives.

I wonder what it is like-to have to live under such scrutiny? To know that there is always someone watching, to record your every mistake. When you triumph, they are only there waiting to see how long it takes you to fall. They are celebrities-they are stars. People we love to gawk at.

The thing we forget is that they are people. With feelings. I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with tough things in life-like a broken marriage, drug or alcohol addiction, an unplanned pregnancy-and have to do so while everyone is there, eager for the scoop.

I pray for them-their struggles, and the really tough things they must deal with in the very public eye. I especially pray for their children, who get caught up in all the frenzy. I also pray for those chasing after them, eager for the scoop. That they would learn compassion. And I pray for us-the consumers of these stories and pictures. I pray that we would give the celebrities-love them or hate them-room to live their lives in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home